The six most important factors were:
- Monthly reminder invoices (digital/paper).
- Longer subscription periods (especially amongst students).
- Auto-payment model.
- Iphone and iPad identification — subscribers coming from the iOS system was more valuable, and they should adjust their offer accordingly.
- Activation — if a subscriber was active more than 90 seconds over the past week, that user would probably not churn. They needed to activate with the newspaper, through e-mails, notifications, etc.
- No telemarketing — while this was the traditional method for getting print subscriptions, it was a bad idea for a digital business.
INMA World Congress Web site now live: June 3-5 at Mead Center for American Theater in Washington D.C.: https://inma.org/modules/event/2018WorldCongress/ … #INMA18 pic.twitter.com/cfxuRCevLi
2 ways news publishers win in 2018